I have been gardening ever since doing a lunch time activity called "horticulture" in grade 2. I never forgot the magic of seeing tiny seedlings emerge from the earth. Gardens for me are a 3 - no - 4 dimensional mosaic (the fourth dimension being time/seasons) with enough beauty and complexity to keep me interested for a lifetime.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cloude Hill- summer 2012


"Hot" border


One of my favorite hydrangeas, great for melbourne conditions

cool border

Cool border- detail

This part is new- a vergetable garden near the top of the hill

One of my favorite gardens near Melbourne in the cooler climate of the Dandenong Ranges- can grow things that just don't survive in the more mediterranean Melbourne climate, as well as supporting local  artists, sculptors and performers. Theres a nursery to buy some of what you see there and a nice cafe for lunch or a coffee. The pictures speak for themselves..

No comments:

Post a Comment